Jan 24, 2007

100% pure (seedless) terror

You know, fruit really shouldn't cause nightmares. But sometimes, it does.

I didn't notice this fiend of produce sitting, waiting, in my cart as I innocently swanned around the grocery store, nor did I lay eyes on his terrifying visage when I put his green, seedless bounty into the fridge.

It was only the next day, as I was snipping appetizingly grabbable clusters under a cool-water shower, that I beheld this sadistic product mascot in all his horrific splendour.

Boy, did I jump when I saw... GrapeKing.



Can you look directly at him? And if so, will you sleep tonight?

(But in any case, is that collar cabbage, or kale?)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Behold! The King of Grapes!

All bow to his horrific malformed grape-bunch-head with kale* collar.

And if you don't, a curse upon thee grape king forsaker!

*I think Kale is a more appropriate choice, it's a curlier and frizzier green and offsets the King's sunken eyes better.